Downloading and installing the CloudTalk apps
To use CloudTalk, you'll first need to download and install one of our apps
Downloading the app
Head to the download pages listed below or go to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store and search for CloudTalk. You can use just one of the apps or install different apps on different devices that you own. Typically we'd recommend installing either the Mac or Windows app on your computer and then either the iPhone or Android app on your mobile.
Installing the Mac app
- Launch the CloudTalk.dmg file you downloaded
- The CloudTalk installer will run
- Drag the CloudTalk app across to the Applications folder in the installer
- The Installer will then finish running
- Open the app like any other Mac app from within your Applications folder, using the Launchpad or typing CloudTalk into Spotlight Search
- The first time you launch the app you'll get a warning saying that the app has been downloaded from the internet - just click on Open and the app will launch
Installing the Windows app
After downloading the Windows app:
- Double-click the CloudTalk.zip file in your downloads folder
- Double-click the installer file cloudtalk.exe
- After the installation has finished, the CloudTalk app will launch
- To launch the CloudTalk app in the future, this can be found within your Windows menu under the title Mission Labs or search for CloudTalk. Remember you can pin the app to your taskbar once it's launched to allow easier access in the future
You may get a warning from Windows about an unrecognised app. This is just because our app is still quite new, but don't worry, you'll be able to allow it to run.
If your installation fails then it's possible that you need to install the 32bit version. Most PCs will be running 64bit Windows, but if installing that fails then please check if you need the 32bit version:
- Click the Windows icon
- Click the Settings icon on the left of the menu
- Then choose System
- Select About from the menu on the left
- Information about your PC will then be displayed. Look for a line which says System Type. This will say either "32-bit operating system" or "64-bit operating system"
Installing the Mobile Apps
Head to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store and search for CloudTalk. Download and install the app as you would any other app.